Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Rose is a Rose,Unless You Can't Smell It.

It is a crazier than normal day here at work so I don't have the time to post much. I do want to dedicate this Blog to Dive While having no sense of smell does have it's advantages, from my perspective at least, during the spring and summer months I would not dig it at all.
So, Dive here are some pictures of the flowers I grow in my garden and in my planter boxes on my deck (aka my quiet spot) and although you can't smell them I hope they provide you with a pleasant sensation. It is often said that food is eaten with they eyes first so perhaps it isn't that necessary to be able to smell these flowers to be able to enjoy them to the hilt!




The following pictures are of my "Quiet Spot", my Sanctuary and my revitalization. I can not explain how soul filling it is to sit there on an early summer, Sunday morning, with a great cup of coffee,watch the birds and drink in the beauty. This is what keeps me sane raising 3 teenagers all by myself.


Then in the evening after a great BBQ to light the chiminea and sip on a good glass or 7 of Cabernet and you are all invited!
I hope you enjoyed this edition of "Dive's Smellivision"


9 comments:

dive said...

Thank you, Prudence.
Your "quiet spot" is an absolutely beautiful place for a yummy chardonnay and your flowers are fantastic (I can smell them about as well on screen as I could in real life). You're quite a gardener!

Dear Prudence said...

You are welcome! I thought a little bit of summer warmth on a day when the wind chil factor here is at -1F would help some. Anytime you wanna plan a trip to New England you have two great tour guides (Sassy & Me), drinking buddies and all around great pals to show you the way! Sassy could take the day adventures as she is more cultured than I and I will do the evening entertaining.

Sassy Sundry said...

Those are beautiful!

Dear Prudence said...

Short and sweet Sassy! Just like you!

Robyn said...

Prudence, the flowers are incredible. I can't even grow a daisy--my neighbor has to stop by in the summer to water my pathetic hanging baskets of flowers because if she doesn't, they'll die days after I buy them. I just don't have the knack or inclination, I guess.

Dear Prudence said...

Robyn,I think the gardening ability comes from growing up on a farm and being used as child labor. I swore that when I grew up I would never garden. Funny how your perspective changes! Try using the coconut moss in the bottom of your hanging baskets and and a moisture control soil. It retains water longer during the summer months.

Dear Prudence said...

P.s. I also work for a Landscape Co. so I have access to lots of info.

Sassy Sundry said...

Like the new template.

Old Knudsen said...

So purdy, I have a green thumb too or is it brown? I've tried to eat food with my eyes doesn't work.