Monday, February 5, 2007

The Monday Melee

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
A lot of people are not genuinely kind to old people.


2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
All the freakin twats (thanks my British Friends for that cool word) that use re-hab as the “All Forgiven” sign.


3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The day’s are not getting long enough, fast enough. I need sunlight!


4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
My son, for being honest about eating all the cherry, cream cheese Danish. Hey at 15 honesty is a big thing even if it is a small thing!


5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I am usually smiling.


6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
My boss would trust that the people he has put in charge will look out for his/company’s best interest.

3 comments:

dive said...

Good, well-considered answers, Prudence.
1. Damned right! They're always taking the piss out of me.
2. Has rehab ever actually worked?
3. Ah, but when summer comes, you're so much luckier than those Southerners …
4. Wow! Eat the Danish AND get merit points for it!
5. You sure that's not wind?
6. Bosses are the same the world over. It took me seven years to persuade mine to let me work from home one day a week (he thought I'd be on the golf course like he is when her works from home … Tosser).

Sassy Sundry said...

He's at it again, is he?

Sigh.... Sorry, Yetta.

It will warm up someday.

Dear Prudence said...

Sassy, some things never change. I think there should be some comfort in consistency, but with him it doesn't make me warm and fuzzy!