Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Calm Before The Storm x's 2


The weather report for Peyton Place is as follows; Central NH: "The battle of the colder air coming south out of Canada and warmer air surging northward from the south will meet up close to the Lakes Region/Upper Valley/Lake Sunapee Region. That will mean even a slight shift in the track of the storm could mean a big change in accumulation potential. If you mix with some sleet and/or freezing rain amounts would be lower. The best information right now says the area stays mostly all snow. 10-20" of snowfall should occur in this situation... depending on how much (if any) sleet mixes in, will determine whether we hit the top of bottom of that range."

Right now the sun is shining, the sky is crystal blue and it is about 37F. When I awake tomorrow all will be white.

On another note, there is also a calm before the storm on the home front.
Today my daughter,

8th Grade Graduation (14-see why I have to protect her)

who will be17 next month, has the week of for school vacation, told me very cheerily ( she is not a morning person-1st clue) this morning that her girlfriend had text her and wanted her to run some errands with her and then go catch a mid-day movie. Interesting thing is my daughter doesn't get out of bed in the morning on vacation before noon for most anyone. My "Mother Alarm" went off. I made a call to her cell when I arrived at work and asked her to pick something up for me while she was down south. She hesitated and then agreed. Yet another flag raised in my always-suspicious mommy mind. I then dialed *69, which, here in the States makes the number you are calling from appear unlisted (incase the other people have caller id) and her girlfriend answered the phone. I asked to speak with said daughter. That poor girl almost passed out but did give her friend up. My daughter had never been there. You see, my daughter was in Dover at her now ex-boyfriends house, where I had forbidden her to be. Long story short, this kid (not sure if he is 19 or 22, no one seems to know for sure) is a loser! No job, ran his moms phone bill up and their phone was shut off, no way to get back and forth to see my daughter unless she drives the 40 miles to get him, never pitches in for gas cuz he’s got no job, etc... I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt in the beginning, had him over several times but the more he opened his mouth the more bullshit spewed forth. Of course she is "In Love" and can't see any of it. So she is now home waiting for me to arrive.

Sever Weather Alert: A gale force is about to strike Peyton Place!

Repeat after me. I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,
I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,I love my children, I love my children, I love my children, I love my children,

3 comments:

dive said...

Woohoo, Prudence!
I remember being on the receiving end of a "Mother Attack" when I was around that guy's age. Boy. I'd sure love to be a fly on your wall!

Dear Prudence said...

The wanker won't even talk to me, not even on the phone. Loser! Maybe he is smarter than I give him credit for by staying away from me.

On a lighter note when I awoke this morning there is 8 inches of snow and it is still snowing to beat the band. We may just get the 20 inches this time. Will post pictures of the loveliness

Sassy Sundry said...

Yikes! Oh no, oh no, oh no.

Yetta, you can't blame the kid. I would cower if you were mad at me.