Tuesday, March 20, 2007

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING

Ranty Prudence has returned. While I was at lunch, minding my own business, buying my youngest son (15) new, size 14 sneakers, I was listening to the radio. This is what I heard..

“Believe it or not folks there is a Non-Profit Support Group who is now offering e-cards for those who have had abortions.” What the fuck? So me being me had to see for myself. This is what I found.


How can these people do this with a straight face?

A loss is something that happens unexpectedly and without forethought. At least in Ranty Prudences’ brain. It isn’t a loss if it is an actual ABORTION, as we all understand the term to be. Medically necessary terminations are not typically referred to as abortion. So, they can’t be talking about that, can they?



Throw in the Religious Factor… You have got to be kidding me. How could you possibly, truly believe in God and then think he is going to be support you after you’ve decided to terminate the life he blessed you with. What bullshit.

“A total of 848,163 legal induced abortions were reported in the United States for 2003 from 47 states, DC, and NYC” This statistic is from the CDC’s website. Trust me folks the numbers haven't gone down in the following years. Planned Parenthood of Central North Carolina (PPCNC) charges $375 for a medication abortion. Prices rise substantially from there, with PPCNC charging as much as $1475 for an invasive, or “surgical,” abortion.

Just some quick math: 848,163 x 375 =$318,061,125.00/year and that on the low side of charges.

Planned Parenthood’s 2004-2005 annual report, the non-profit received $882 million in revenue (generated from such services as emergency contraception kits, STD examinations, and abortion procedures) and showed a $63 million excess of revenue over expenses.

I am not trying to pick on PPH. I think that they do offer some good education and help for those who need it in contraceptive practises. However, they are making a killing, killing! They have made a fortune out of abortions.


It really fries my ass sometimes when my blog pals get all ranty about Iraq, Bush and the Illegal War we are in and all the needless losses. While here in the good ole USA, we kill close to a million babies every year because we can. I don’t care what anyone says, go with a woman to her 8 week maternity check up and listen to the babies heart beat and then tell me it just a mass of jelly that isn’t really LIVING.

Ok I am done.

10 comments:

dive said...

Hi, Prudence.
Your Marxist pal is totally with you on the jaw-dropping sick crassness of those e-cards.

~Babsbitchin~ said...

People are sickening, aren't they? I don't want to get going but I side with you. I have audio posts, on my Ask Aunt B blog about how I feel. I took a lot of shit from it but will not remove it. I'm with you on this one, for sure!

Dear Prudence said...

Dive, a pleasant surprise for sure! I was really floored when I heard it and had to see for myself.

Babs, I just don't get it sometimes. I will try and listen to your audio, sometime when there is no one around here at work as ... I usually post during work.. Don't remove anything.

Rich said...

there's a card for everything. What people will do to make a buck. That's why we all have a brain -to decide what is right for us and screw the rest

Dear Prudence said...

I agree Rich and usually I am a "live and let live" kind of girl but this bugs me right to my core.

Sassy Sundry said...

I am completely pro-choice, but I think these cards are ridiculous. One doesn't always know why someone had an abortion---and many women don't feel bad about it at all.

They are pretty much bound to offend, no matter what the intentions are.

Robyn said...

Those e-cards are just ridiculous--they really make no sense, as you've pointed out. I know that a woman grieves after an abortion, and I don't want to overlook her pain, but really...is a card the way to go? I seriously doubt it.

Although I do think God can forgive anything.

Dear Prudence said...

Robyn, yes God can forgive anything but you also have to believe that He isn't a whipping Boy either. Many people use this procedure as birth control.
It is interesting that the majority of women seeking abortions are white, middle income women. Just an interesting fact I think.

Sassy Sundry said...

You know, not all women grieve. Sometimes it is just the best decision for them at the time, and they are OK with that.

And, Prudence, one of the major reasons why the women who get abortions are educated, white, and middle class or upper class is a question of access. Congress cut off funding in the 70s for poor women, making it finanicially difficult for poor women to get them. I find it very strange that a lot of so-called pro-life people don't support healthcare for the pregnant mother, support for her as she raises the child, education, and other things that are necessary for a woman to raise a child in this world.

And, I hate to point out the obvious, but abortion IS birth control. It shouldn't be the first line, but I think it's a lot better for a woman to decide that she's not in a space to be able to raise a child than to have an unwanted child.

Dear Prudence said...

But Sassy, poor women are getting abortions when needed. It seems to be the middle class white women who are using it as birth control or "fix the fuck-up" control. I think that the poor women have had to pay attention and seek "REAL" birth control options because of the difficulty in paying for an abortion.
“When welfare funds for elective abortion are cut off, there is a reduction in the total number of abortions, but also of live births. Apparently, conceptions decreased when the welfare state eliminated free abortions as a birth control measure.
J. Kasun, "Cut Off Of Abortion Funds Doesn’t Deliver Welfare Babies," Wall Street Journal, Dec. 30, 1986
But poor women want this help.
Not as much as rich people. In 1984, the strongly pro-abortion University of North Carolina polled its state to find that only 32% favored tax funding. An important finding was that 43% of the college-educated favored such government "assistance," while only 17% of those with less than a high-school eduction concurred. Also, 36% of men favored assistance, but only 28% of women. So, those who would receive the "benefit" of tax-funded abortions wanted them the least.”


I support all of those women who chose not to terminate every day I go to work. It is called WELFARE and it has been abused beyond its intention just like abortion. There is no moderation once you start giving someone a lifestyle they do not have to put any effort into, other than sitting and waiting for the check to arrive. Why is it that there are so many women who continue to have child after child etc.. it is because they do get the supported and are able to hang around and not work to support their own.

Yes you are right unfortunately, some people do view abortion as birth control... some choose to pretty it up; I choose to call a spade a spade and say murder!