Friday, July 27, 2007

Sometimes Things Are Worth Waiting For...


This just in from Variety: Depp lights up 'Dark Shadows'

Johnny Depp is looking to bite into the Jonathan Frid-originated character Barnabas Collins of 'Dark Shadows.'Johnny Depp is getting in touch with his inner vampire.
Warner Bros. is teaming with Depp's Infinitum-Nihil and Graham King's GK Films to develop a feature based on the '60s daytime supernatural sudser "Dark Shadows."
Depp has said in interviews that he has always been obsessed with "Dark Shadows" and had, as a child, wanted to be Barnabas Collins, the vampire patriarch of the series. The role was originated by Jonathan Frid.



Whooo Hoooo! I Can't Wait. I loved that show!

13 comments:

dive said...

Damn! That man makes me feel gay.
When you've finished with him, Prudence, grease him up and send him over here.

Rich said...

I used to love that show. does that make me weird? Coffins and such aahhh

Rich said...

Hey what happened to your beautiful face that used to greet us?

dive said...

Rich is right. The white rectangle look just isn't you, Prudence.

M.Benaut said...

From Mme Benaut:
Johnny Depp appeals to both sexes obviously; if I were a boy, I'd turn gay for him too! I loved him in "Chocolat" as the gypsy.

Old Knudsen said...

I wrote a letter complaining to the sci-fi channel that dark shadows wasn't sci-fi or very good and shouldn't be shown, they ignored me the bastards.

paddy said...

You could if he was going to take a bite out of you.
Y;-) Paddy

Dear Prudence said...

Dive: There would be nothing leftof him if I had the opportunity. Sorry, selfish on this one I know!

Rich: me too that is why I am so excited. It was such a guilty pleasure.

M.Benaut: I totally get it!

Old K: Glad they didn't listen but it does date you!

Yippee! Hi Paddy. Glad you are back. I will now head over to your site and see what is up with you.

lynn said...

I'm clearly out on my own here, but i'm not that moved by him! (stands back and defends self) lol don't know why; he's maybe a bit too perfect?

Maybe i like 'em a bit more rough and ready - uuurrrghgh! That's supposed to be wanton growl but it doesn't really look like it does it!

Kate Isis said...

depp as a vampire - now theres something to live for since i'm totally head over heels for jack sparrow. yummy.

Dear Prudence said...

Lynn, personal preferences is what makes the world go round!

Kate: Right on!

Rich said...

Ahhhh glad to see your face back!!

Sassy Sundry said...

Yummy.