Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Pissed Off and I Don't Even Live There

On my way home yesterday, listening to Talk Radio as usual the topic of discussion was the following;

The Daily Express: DOCTORS GIVE IN TO MUSLIMS-

DOCTORS and health workers have been banned from eating lunch at their desks - in case it offends their Muslim colleagues. Health chiefs believe the sight of food will upset Muslim workers when they are celebrating the religious festival Ramadan. The lunch trolley is also to be wheeled out of bounds as the 30-day fast begins next month.

You have got to be freaking kidding me!

Na’eem Raza, a senior consultant with the firm, said he was thrilled that the health boards had formally adopted the guidance. He added: “The idea is to get faith in the workplace out in the open. “In the current climate, people need to understand where communities are coming from and what people are feeling. “After the Glasgow attack this is very important. This is about educating people and making them more aware and more confident when dealing with issues surrounding the Muslim community.

Hello! Evidently in Scotland terrorism is working!

Why is it that everyone but Muslims are expected to be tolerant and change? Unfortunately, these types of things are not just happening in Scotland. Here in the USA we no longer have Christmas Programs in school, Christmas decorations in offices and the Greeters at Wal-Mart have been told not to say Merry Christmas but Happy Holidays. This is all so no other Religious Factions will be insulted by Christianity. How about we all just do our thing with what we believe and be tolerant of everyone else’s thing? Why is it that this is even an issue? An entire workforce is having reverse prejudice thrust on them. They are being singled out and penalized because they are not Muslim. Since when did Scotland become a Muslim nation?

A very small minority is terrorizing us as a civilization and we are bending over backwards to be "politically correct" trying to "understand" them. FUCK THAT! No one's basic right to freedom should be put on the back burner for any other persons freedoms. It is as though, because we are afraid "they" will set off another car bomb, we will give all Muslims supremacy over all of us, when in reality it is a small portion of terrorists that are indeed in charge!

We all better stop and take a good look at what is going on before it is too late.

8 comments:

Terroni said...

I'm a fan of eating wherever the hell I get a chance at work AND of Wal-Mart greeters who simply say Happy Holidays. Unlike some, I'm not the least bit bothered by the fact that the holy days I celebrate aren't universally recognized as sacred in workplaces, department stores, and public schools. But, I think that the same should apply to those of different faiths as well.

You do your thing. I'll do mine.

Unless, of course, your thing is car bombs--clearly instruments of war, rather than evidence of any faith. I feel compassion for the many Muslims who are trying to connect with the divine, just as I am, only to have their religion shit on by psychotic fuck-nuts.

That said, I'm off...to eat something.

Kate Isis said...

First they ban christmas and then they ban lunch.
Maybe the white witch in narnia was a muslim, she hated christmas to.
If the jews can put up with christmas why can't the muslims?
Its their religious belief not to eat lunch. If they are tempted by an office worker eating a sandwich then they're not overly sure of their own faith are they. We're not tempting them, they're just weak.
I'd be that pissed off i'd be sponsoring a bacon and eggs breakfast outside my work place during ramadan.
Religions shouldn't come into a workplace unless you happen to work in a church.
I'd be pissed off to, but i'd be more pissed off at people who timidily accepted this crap and didn't stand up for their own basic human rights to a sandwich.

Dear Prudence said...

T, That is my point.. everyone do your own thing in your own "private" way and shut up about it. I realize it is a small percentage of fucknuts, but wouldn't you think that the Muslim commmunity on a whole would do something about them?

Kate, Amen to it all!

Rich said...

That's my Lynn girl!!! Home of the famous Manning Bowl -no more :(

Lewsiton Maine is having a bIG problem with the Somali Muslims moving in and trying to change the culture.

It's a problem for any society to lean too far in one direction.

zirelda said...

Well Sure Prudence. Wasn't this country founded because of religious intolerance?

Sigh.

Dear Prudence said...

Z, I have no problem being tolerant of another’s religion but why should I have to alter my behavior to accommodate their beliefs? I do not ask them to alter theirs for any particular holiday I may want to celebrate. I think this is a very slippery slope.

zirelda said...

I don't think you should have to alter anything Prudence. That's the whole idea of tolerance. We tolerate them, they tolerate us. Nice theory even if it doesn't work so well in practice. It's kind of turned into we tolerate them, they bomb us. And that is, frankly, a load of shit.

Dear Prudence said...

Sorry Z, I misinterpreted your comment and I appologize. I am in agreement. Have a great weekend.