Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pussy Galore

Who doesn't remember her. I always giggled at her name even when I was too young to know exactly why I was giggling! I needed to use up some film a bit ago and decided to take some pictures of those who greet me each morning and evening when I arrive in the kitchen as well as some other shots. Yes, I am the CRAZY CAT LADY!

This is Tigger. He is the Patriarch of the family. He is 16 years old. He has taught all of our cats how to hunt over the years. He never meows and minds his own business. Sad to say he is on his last life. Over the summer he has lost almost 12 pounds and now is a shadow of himself. He is not sick he is just old. I will be sad when he goes.



This is his favorite thing to do. While all the other kitties eat or wait in line for their turn at the food dish, Tigger gets the can. He will stay dipping his paw and licking it off until the can is clean. I indulge him.
Here is a group photo. This is what my breakfast bar looks like each morning and evening when it is feeding time. From left to right, Junior (Bug); he has 7 toes on each of his front feet, next to him is his sister Malory, she has 6 toes on each front foot. Behind her is Dudley, better picture to follow, next to Malory is Tipper, he has the smallest white tip on the end of his tail and lastly is Tig. The one you can only see the tail end of is Willamina-we call her Miana.Another shot showing the boys being sweet.
This is Dudley when he was a kitten. He is now 9. He has no front teeth, top or bottom so his tongue is always hanging out. His fur is so soft it feels like an angora sweater. He is very sweet and will hold your face with both of his paws to give you a kiss. I know, I know.. I need to be hospitalized.

This is "Teddy-Bear" Guess why we named him that! He is the son of Mallory. Really! She weighs about 4 lbs, he weighs 22. He is solid muscle and has a habit of reaching out to touch you as you walk by. Teddy is 5.

This is Samantha, she is the sister of Miana. They are both annoyingly affectionate. Perhaps they are still grateful to me for saving them from a place where hunks of raw meat was thrown on the floor for these 5 week old kittens to chew on. Samantha's trick is when she wants your attention she will take one nail and lightly touch you with it. Never enough to hurt but enough to get your attention. She has striking stripes. She and her sister are 7.

This is Cleopatra. This picture does not do her justice. She is really quite lovely. She was given away as a kitten with her brother to a work mate. After 3 weeks he asked if he could give her back. It seems she didn't like them very much and she kept peeing in their daughters toys. I brought her home and she has been my constant companions since. She has not since done the dirty deed in the house. Maybe it was them and not her! Cleo is 4 and the mother of the next two.
Tipper on the left you have seen in the first photo. On the right is Pippy, like Pippy Long Stockings because her left front leg is totally Orange. I tried to find homes for them but they are content to live with me. This is about 2 years ago.

This is Tipper today, all grown up. He is a talker. He can be annoying. He is very loving and can be insistent about it.


This is Pippy all grown up and her son Lovey. He is grown now and he is not, lovey, except at 3:00am and he thinks he is a dog. He eats out of the dogs dish and sleep under the covers with the Jacks.

Well that ends the animal show for today folks. Have a great day.

13 comments:

dive said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!
I love them all, Prudence!
I'm as sappy about cats as you are. These are wonderful! I'm so jealous! One of the bad things about my job is that I am never home and so can no longer look after cats. I have to rely on letting the neighbourhood cats know my home is theirs, too.
Which I must admit is cheaper on vet's bills.

Thank you for this post. I'm going to be a sappy mess for ages now.

Dear Prudence said...

I know you are and knew you would love them. They really are indiviuals. Sometimes though they are a bit much because there are so many (12). This is why Sassy can never come and visit ;o(

M.Benaut said...

Oh Prudence - You've just made my day and I was having a good day anyway. I am crazy about cats but only have 4 of them. I can't imagine having 12 but I would if I could and M.B would let me, which he won't. They are just so adorable. Tigger looks just like my Lilly. I will ask M.B tonight if he can post a photo of all of my cats so you can see them.
Some mornings when I walk down our driveway (200 metres long; that's 600 feet) all 4 of them will walk with me and play hide and seek and climb the nearest tree - showing off for me and each other. They do indeed all have individual personalities. My oldest cat is Kittypuss who is 10; next Felix who is nearly 7, then Lillipilli who I think is about 4 - she was a stray who decided to stay and lastly, Sascha, a little Burmese chocolate point who is 3.
Thankyou P. BTW I love it that you can turn Dive into a sappy mess!
Xxx Mme B xxx

Dear Prudence said...

Good Morning Mme. Glad to help make your day better. I would love to see your kitties too. I know well what you mean about them following. When I try to take the Jacks for a walk it is a parade. Last time 10 of them were following me. I am afraid they will get run over as they all feel the need to walk down the middle of the road. I get many strange looks from those trying to drive by.

zirelda said...

You have how many cats? :) I have one dog, a beagle. At one time I had 3. It was kind of chaotic. I had a cat growing up. She slept with me and sucked on my ear every night. The last few times I've tried having cats, it hasn't worked out for one reason or another.

Too cool. Good pictures. Thank you for sharing them.

Dear Prudence said...

Z, I have grown up with them. I don't thing I have been without at least one for any time in my life. Even when I was away at college, my roommate and I went for a walk one night and found a little kitten in an ally and adopted it. I know there is a lot, it kind of just happened. They are indoor/outdoor cats so not all of them are in at the same time so it doesn't seem like there are so many.
Now add to that a 16 yr old, 17 yr old, 21 yr old who just moved back home and two Jack Russells all being cared for by a single mom. God Bless her whoever she is, I've lost track of her!

Scout said...

OH MY GOSH. 12 cats! I thought I had my hands full with two. I used to have three, but one of them was a diabetic and too difficult to care for, so he is no longer. When I sweep the floor, I think I couldn't handle any more. You're a trooper.

Maria said...

Oh, dear. Shoot me now. I um...dislike cats. It isn't anything personal, they just make me sneeze and wheeze. The crazy thing is that every time I visit someone who has a cat, they seek me out. I swear they simply plop into my lap. I think this is purposeful. They know that I am not a cat person and they are secretly laughing at me.

You can see it in their faces...

Rich said...

Thanks for the pussy Pru -it's been a loooooong time without.

M.Benaut said...

I just read on Kate's blog that you have 10 inches of snow. I want photos, please, please, Dear Prudence. We had 37 degrees Celsius yesterday. Can I come to visit for Christmas? Please?
xxx Mme B.

lynn said...

Gosh. I thought i haven't been to see Dear Prudence for ages; i'll just pop over. Now. Dear Prudence you won't understand this of course, but i am frightened by cats! Imagine my reaction to this post then he he. Ah well it's very touching that you love them so much and i totally get that, being a dog person myself. Nevertheless it's nice to see you, but.... BRR...!

Terroni said...

Twelve cats!?! Wow, Prudence, that is something! I have to take care of my roommate's one cat over Christmas--one is about all I can be trusted with.

Maja said...

That is unbelievable! twelve different characters every day around you ;) You have to be patient ;) Well... but you are not lonely. As I imagine every minute one of them is near...:)

Please visit Young Voices.

Have a nice evening!


Rosita
Young Voices
Norwich Mind