Monday, January 7, 2008

The New Hampshire Primary According to Prudence

Ok you asked for it. Here is Dear Prudence’s take on the Primary and those who are trying to woo me.

First of all let me say that I am a registered Independent. I like that about our State. As you have all heard “We” are the ones everyone is clambering to impress. So far, not so impressed. There have been political adds running here since last winter. It is just an annoyance. How long can you really pay attention when it is rammed down your throat for over a year? If I see Hillbillery on my television screen one more time I will toss it out the freakn’ window.

Saturday night was a creature double feature here in NH with a Republican debate followed by the Democrat debate. Yes I made it through the Repubs before the last of the wine kicked in and told me to go to bed. However, even sober I would not have watched the Dems because of the deep-seated distain for the “smartest woman on the earth”. I am sick of hearing about her 35 years of experience. That is such a load of shit.

But I digress; here is Dear Prudence’s take on Politics in New Hampshire, USA

Let’s start with Republicans

Huckabee-Twofaced, Bible Thumpin’, lying, dirt slinging as usual Politician. He can say what he wants about being an outsider, check his record on clemency sure looks like the norm to me. I dislike anyone who uses their faith as a tool to persuade and delude people.

McCain- He is a Liberal in Republican clothing. He was the Co-Author of the Amnesty Bill that the citizens’ of this country said no to.

Mitt Romney-He is the former Gov. of our next-door neighbor, Massachusetts or as we in NH like to call it Taxachusetts. He and I agree on many issues and I do like the fact he isn’t really a Washington boy and that he has actual business experience. After all America is one big business.

Fred Thompson- He shouldn’t have stopped acting cuz the real guy is a bore. He has no chance and will be done by South Carolina. He had nothing to add to the entire debate. Not even a funny line.

Rudy-Well he did fine while he held NY together after 9/11 but that is all that is coming through. Yes he is very vocal about Illegal Immigration and I am with him on it, however, he is running an add here that could be used as a movie trailer. It contains nothing but scare tactics to trick voters into thinking tomorrow the world is coming to an end and it is all Muslims that are going to make it happen. It is really quite scary to watch and the way is shot and how they used background music to add to the hysteria.


Ron Paul-He was at least amusing. He is off his freakn nut but has the right idea on minding our own business and fixing our economic infrastructure- but he is too “out there” for anyone to take seriously. I do agree with him on many points- here are a few
Would you roll back tax cuts that were supported by the Bush administration?
No. I would seek to broaden the tax cuts by pressuring Congress to repeal the Sixteenth Amendment and permanently end the income tax, and I would also seek the end of any taxes not expressly authorized by the Constitution, including the death tax and payroll taxes. My administration will work with Congress to end the IRS.

Should the federal government have a role in seeking an end to poverty? What would you do, specifically, to deal with poverty?
The misguided federal 'War on Poverty' has proven disastrous to our nation. Federal intervention only resulted in more poverty, as the welfare rolls grew while employment shrank and mothers were encouraged to have children out-of-wedlock because the more children they had, the bigger the check they got from the federal government. I propose getting the federal government out of the way of private charities and institutions that wish to deal with the impoverished, and I want to end federal regulations and subsidies that restrict businesses, discourage renovation and expansion, and further the plight of the poor. Eliminating many taxes and regulations will allow businesses to hire more workers, and make it easier for impoverished areas to be renovated with private and corporate money. True compassionate conservatism means letting individuals, churches, and other groups, not indifferent federal bureaucracies, provide help.

Do you support the No Child Left Behind program? Why or why not?
"No. No Child Left Behind leaves all children behind by tying the hands of teachers and encouraging them to teach to the test instead of educating their students. It only more deeply involves the federal government in controlling schools and children's lives.

I would bet he will fade out after tomorrow. Just wish it was wrapped in a tighter package!

So as you can see I am not wooed by any Republicans so much that I have made up my mind.



Now for the Dems

Hillbillery- Guess you don’t need to ask my opinion. Any woman who would continue to stand by her MAN while he behaves the way he does deserves NO RESPECT or my vote, in my humble opinion. Beside think about this.. if “SHE” were to get in and stay for 2 terms we would have 24 years of Bush/Clinton. Who in their right mind who actually is looking for CHANGE would want to go down that road. Talk about Washington Insiders!


John Edwards- He is the other canidate for CHANGE just ask him. Of course he started that mantra after Barack got going. He claims he is not one of them. He is all about being different from the rest but did you know -"Edwards home totaling 28,200 square feet of connected space. The main house is 10,400 square feet and has two garages. The recreation building, a red, barn-like building containing 15,600 square feet, is connected to the house by a closed-in and roofed structure of varying widths and elevations that totals 2,200 square feet. The main house is all on one level except for a 600-square-foot bedroom and bath area above the guest garage. The carbon footprint of his home is the same as roughly 28 Habitat for Humanity homes." Wonder howmay carbon offsets he's bought since he built that mansion? None I bet! Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with him spending his money the way he wants but Do as I say, not as I do has never sat well with me. He is more of the SAME.

Gravel, Richardson and Kucinich are not worth getting into as they will be pulling out soon.


That leaves you know who-Obama. He is definitely charismatic, carries himself well and does not seem to be One of the Boys. “From the beginning, we've run this campaign the right way -- without negative attacks or distortions, without taking money from Washington lobbyists or PACs, and without listening to the cynics who said it couldn't be done.” That is the truth. Not one negative attack add, at least as I have seen. I would like to vote for him for those reasons. Perhaps it is new blood we need but I am afraid the usual Washington pack of hyenas will eat him up in his 1st 100 days. It would be nice to think about “Vertical Politics” and not the usual party dogma. Although he is talking raising taxes and letting ILLEGAL immigrants stay, is he the lesser of all evils?


So, I guess until I walk into that booth and close the curtain and I am still unsure. You will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Yes I will tell you. I am not of my parents’ generation where it was a big secrete.

11 comments:

dive said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Brilliant, perceptive, balanced and totally Prudence.
You'd have my vote any day.
Thanks for putting in the effort and letting us know the real deal.

And Hillbillery … Hehehehehehehehehe!!!

Dear Prudence said...

Thanks Dive. I tried to be fair.

Yes Hillbillery!There is no she without he!

I have some insider info on those dirty bastards from their Madison Guaranty days. They are dirty, dirty dogs all the way around. This info is from before he ran for Pres.

Scout said...

My mother always told me never to tell anyone how I vote, so I won't ask you what you decided at the polls.

I have always liked Richardson, but he won't get very far. I respect his willingness to try, though. Odd, I don't respect Kucinich's willingness to try over and over and over again. He's more interested in uncovering the truth about UFOs than anything else, I'm afraid.

Dear Prudence said...

I voted for Mitt. He may not have lots of experience but I think he has more, actual job wise, than Obama. I will say for the very 1st time I was torn.

Maria said...

Looks like McCain and Clinton took it. I was just shocked. We went to a wake tonight and Bing kind of half heartedly turned on the TV when we arrived home...we figured we knew the news already.

Well now, boy howdy.

I'm not a Mitt fan. And not just because of the dog crate on his car roof stories. He is all a twitter about homosexuals and is the darling of my sister, the bigot. I swear she would leave her husband for him. That alone made me take a long, hard look at him, read every scrap I could find on him and I was bewildered at some of his answers to simple questions.

But, to be honest, I am really having trouble getting psyched up about ANY of these people except Kuch and I know he is going nowhere.

Iowa was an interesting place to be with the caucus. Did you make it to many speeches?

zirelda said...

I'm over all of them frankly. It's all I see and I think they are all full of it.

Besides, when the famous Recount election was going on I found out that they never even counted Colorado's votes and even if they had our voice would not have mattered anyway.

M.Benaut said...

"Hillbillery" is hilarious! You are a trick, Prudence. I loved reading your commentary on them all. We see a clip every night on our national TV news and I'm watching with interest. I think Obama looks good but I haven't seen much of Mitt on our TV.
When Bill came to Oz, I was at our Parlt. House working. My boss (a Senator) took me to the State lunch and I have to admit that when you get close, he did seem to have charisma, so much so that some of our female pollies at the time raced up to get his autograph. I've never been so embarrassed in my life. What happened to their dignity? They were our elected representatives acting like love-struck schoolgirls - this of course was before we found out about Monica. He did look convincing though with his hand over his heart while the "stars and stripes" was played.
As for Hillary - she sat two rows in front of me in the House of Reps chamber while Bill addressed our Parlt. Did you know that she is tiny, as in not very tall and has a very pear shaped figure? (not that this is in any way relevant to her ability to run the nation, it's just a girl-thing observation). She had a presence too but I think that was because her hairdresser travelled with her on A/Force 1. !!
xxx Mme Benaut

dive said...

Fuck me! Hillary outscored Obama!
That really woke me up when I heard it on the news this morning.
Much as I'd love to see a woman in the oval office doing something other than suck dick, Hillary is NOT that woman.
I think it's time you dished the dirt on the Clintons, Prudence.

And do Mc.Cain's supporters really think a 71 year old warmonger is the right choice for their kids' future.
Scary.

Dear Prudence said...

Folks, I am as surprised as you are. I think the reason for Hillbillery's victory had a lot to do with Monday when she cried in front of the camera. Ok, no tears actually ran down her face but the quiver in her voice and the expression on her face wooed a whole shitload of women. Personally I think that the woman from Portsmouth was another plant as happened earlier in her campaign. I think it was purposeful to make her appear more human. Even her old buddy George Stephanopolis is touting the swing in women voters. "The New York senator went from narrowly losing the women's vote in Iowa to Barack Obama to swamping him in New Hampshire among females, 46 percent to 34 percent" (ABC News) There were a few more breakdowns on the news this morning but suffice it to say, She cried her way to victory here. Shame on us women for being emotional creatures!

I am not too surprised by Obama's loss and he did better than I expected. Our Black population is +/-1.5% for the entire State. There is still quite a bit of bigotry here. Some people here are happy to call themselves Red Necks.

I think the reason McCain did so well is a lot of NH people have a severe distain for Massachusetts natives. They have come up here to get away from the mess that is Mass Politics and taxes. In turn they are fuckin up our State with their Mass attitudes! I think people here equated Mitt with Mass. We call them Massholes. No offense Rich!

As far as the Clintons go, I will simply say they are dirty (illegal) from way back in Arkansas days. My BF worked at their bank, she was pretty high up in the ranks and had access to a lot of info. She was called at home, in the middle of the night and warned never to speak of ever seeing them, how much time they spent there or of their dealings. To this day she won't speak of anything to do with them. She has NO Political leanings. I don't think she has ever voted. I don't trust either of them. How do you take a 1,000 investment in cattle futures and in a suspiciously short amount of time turn it into 100K? Hillery has never answered that question. I wish she would I could use a windfall like that. She really must be the smartest woman in the world as others have been unable to duplicate that success. The Rose Law Firm has many skeletons.

MME I do not understand the attraction to Bill. The end of his nose looks like a penis.. hey maybe that's it!

M.Benaut said...

Hee Hee Prudence! Wonder what the penalty would be for sucking noses? I don't find him very attractive any more - he's too much of a cheating moron, among other things. Can you see him as "First Lady" taking all those weemen on tours of the white house? Very interesting story about the cattle futures. Hmm.
Loved your comment on Dive's a couple of days ago about being put on a pedestal!!! You are funny.
xxx Mme xxx

Scout said...

I suppose it's possible the woman who asked the question that lead Clinton to be "real" was a plant, but I read she voted for Obama. If that's true, being a plant for the opposition doesn't make sense. I don't understand voting for someone because of a slightly emotional moment...especially women. That kind of thing makes us look stupid.