Monday, April 6, 2009

Euphemism

Each morning as I head to work and each night on my way back home I pass this certain spot. I have been watching with amazement and little girl giddiness as they progress in their effort to build and remodel this and that around their home each day. I muse of their busyness and work weary little hands. They toil relentlessly trying to make sure the each piece of the landscape is just so for themselves and their little ones. They do all this in the middle of the night with only the stars and sometime the moon to illuminate their task. Each morning I see how busy they have been the night before. What perseverance it must take to keep-on-keeping-on! They do, night after night. They must, they are parents, a husband, a wife who have loved ones to provide for and to protect. To give them shelter and sustenance. There is always work to do when you have a family. I try to keep this thought for myself and apply it to my own days and nights. (When the radio in your car doesn’t work you have a lot of time to think! Just try to keep clear of the voices.)


Then one morning you wake up, head out the door like every other morning for the last few months and as you round the corner THIS is what you see....


Maria had left me a comment back in March that she misses my posts…

I am afraid this kind of sums up how the last 4 months of my life has been. So, until I can pull myself out of my funk and things start to turn around I just can’t. Life seems futile at times. This is one of those times and I am having a hard time shaking it.
I do stop by and visit each of you and try to comment when I can. I will continue to do so. I really enjoy being part of this special little group and look forward each day to catching up with all of you.

Pru

8 comments:

dive said...

Aaaaw … What a rotten shame, Prudence!
Euphemism roadkill.
Dammit!
I love the sculpture it had been making for you.
Let's hope it made some little euphemisms and they'll carry on the good work.

Shan said...

Well, that was a nice way of telling it, but I'm sorry things have gone the way of the wood chipper up there. I do my best to hold it together mentally most winters but that's probably just a sunshine matter. I hope with the thaw that things start getting better for you and yours. Sometimes once you've been kicked, it seems like it continues on to breaking point doesn't it?

Best wishes for better days Prudence!

Dear Prudence said...

Dive, I shall keep an eye out for those little euphemisms perhaps that will cheer me up.

Shan, I feel pretty broken. Here's to wishing.

Maria said...

Ah. Sometimes it just goes and goes and goes and you feel like the damn merry go round never stops.

Close your eyes and take your dreams somewhere else for a bit. It helps.

Winston Churchill called his depression "the black dogs." Mine are the "murky witches."

I hope it gets better soon. And yes, I do miss your posts.

Dear Prudence said...

Hi Maria,
Even the dream world is no place for me at the moment. Yesterday morning I sat bolt upright because in my dreams I was giving a BJ to Morgan Freeman! WTF! LOL
I love Morgan Freeman but not like that!

savannah said...

i'm sorry, sugar! i hope whatever it is that's plaguing you, slips in the deepestdarkest hole in the forest immediately! xoxox

Sassy Sundry said...

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down, Prudence. Miss you and thinking of you.

MmeBenaut said...

This too shall pass dearest Prudence. I have to say that I would have sat in the middle of the road and wept with that beautiful little creature. Life is tough and fatal for some but I'd like to join in the throng saying that your life and your countryside is interesting to me and I'd love to read you more often. I will always pop by to see you, when you feel up to writing or photographing. Spring is sprung - I hope the sunshine will warm your bones and make your heart sing again. xxx